You can pay your rates in one lump sum payment or in instalments throughout the year.
- A lump sum payment is due on or by 15 February
- Four instalments are due on:
- 30 September
- 30 November
- 28 February
- 31 May
- To pay by instalments, the first instalment must be paid by 30 September. Reminder notices will then be sent for the next instalments.
Please note: You can make part payments towards any amount due prior to the due dates.
Elect to pay your rates & charges either weekly, fortnightly, monthly, in instalments or in one lump sum payment.
Choose your preferred day of the week/fortnight, or date of the month to have your payments deducted directly from your savings or cheque account.
Paying by our auto calculated Direct Debit method spreads your payments over 12 months and ensures your rates are always paid on time and you will not need to worry about due dates or interest for late payment.
To register for Direct Debits, please contact us on 03 5355 0209 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a Direct Debit Request Form, or download it here.
Please return your Direct Debit Request Form to email@example.com, or post to Ararat Rural City Council, PO Box 246, Ararat Vic 3377.
For further information on Direct Debits, please contact the Rates Department on 03 5355 0209.
You can use BPAY by:
- Logging on to your online banking site
- Entering Biller Code 26989 and your reference number quoted on your rate notice
- Entering the amount due
More information can be found at www.bpay.com.au
Pay in person at any Post Office, or by phoning 13 18 16.
Alternatively, visit the Australia Post website to make your payment: www.postbillpay.com.au
Centrepay is a free voluntary bill paying service through Centrelink. Use Centrepay to pay bills and expenses as regular deductions from your Centrelink payment.
You can set up a Centrepay deduction in one of the following ways:
- online using your Centrelink online account through myGov
- using the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app on your mobile device
- by calling Services Australia on your regular payment number
- Complete a Centrepay Deduction Form and submit at a service centre with help from Services Australia staff
Present your rate notice at the Municipal Offices located at 59 Vincent St Ararat, during business hours, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5.15pm. Payment may be made by cash or cheque made payable to Ararat Rural City Council, by credit card (Bankcard, Visa and Mastercard) or debit card (EFTPOS).
Payments can also be made in person at any Post Office.
Pay by Cheque: Detach bottom portion of account and make cheque payable to Ararat Rural City Council. Mail both to: Ararat Rural City Council, P.O. Box 246, Ararat 3377.
Receipts are issued only on request. Postal delays cannot be accepted as an excuse for late payment.
Pay using your credit card by calling Customer Service on 03 5355 0200.